Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just a quick review on Greenbones Deoderizing Snap Nap pet wipes with Lemongrass.
I got these because on the front label it says Safe for: Hamsters, Guinea Pigs, Bunnies, Ferrets, Cats, & dogs. Which is a Pro that is safe for smaller animals when A lot of other products aren't. I use them for poopy feet, and morning wheel wipe downs.

Pro's:
  • Only 4 ingredients, all hedgehog safe, and all natural. Purified water with lemongrass extract, Aloe Vera leaf juice (great for dry skin), Vitamin E (also great for dry skin), and Lanolin
  • No added fragrances to disturb hedgehogs
  • Reduces Allergens, pet dander, and poopy feet!
  • Anti-fungal
  • Alcohol free!
  • They are APPA Approved
  • They are safe for small animals! (big pro for me)
Con's:

• A little pricey
  • The plastic in the lid is a little too hard, so it's a struggle to get the wipes to pull through without breaking, but I have this problem with almost all of these dispensers.
  • Hard to find locally, usually have to order them.

·
Banned
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh edit, you can get them at Target and if your store doesn't carry them you can have them ordered to the store for free!

·
Administrator
8,486 Posts
I would be careful with them. Aloe is not recommended for hedgehogs. I copied this from another post about Aloe.

"Aloes contain anthraquinone glycosides which are purgatives (medications that encourage bowel movements). When ingested, these glycosides are metabolized by intestinal bacteria forming compounds that increase mucus production and water in the colon. This can result in vomiting and diarrhea. Other clinical signs seen with aloe vera ingestion include depression, anorexia, changes in urine color, and rarely, tremors." from http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/aloe-vera/ An overdose for a hedgehog would be a very, very small amount, and at any rate, there's no guarantee that the hedgehog would eat it or annoint with it anyway

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oh no! I just bought a bunch of these after the good review!

I think I might still use them for the wheel in the morning since I bought them and want to use them :/ Maybe I'll just wipe his wheel down with water at night before he would use it again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts