Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found a fur purse at a thrift store and got it for my 4 month old hedgie. I have had her for just over a month; she is active, curious, and passionate about her likes and dislikes. She bonded with the fur purse quickly, showing hardly any fear after her first two explorations of it. She quickly began to love the fur purse and has hidden in it for an hour or more at a time during her active hours. I love that she likes it but I'm afraid if she has access to it all the time she will stop running on her wheel and exploring and will just enjoy its softness. Is this a danger? SI'd hate for her to forget her exploring nature. I would give it to her before her sleeping hours, sometime after midnight and before six, but I'm always asleep then, and I don't want to disturb her after she's already asleep when I wake up. Does anyone have experience with something like this?

·
Registered
37 Posts
That’s never been a problem with Lily because as soon as I place the room in complete darkness, nothing (not even her favourite sleeping bag which I made for her) will stop her from crawling out, eating, and wheeling. Is she on a strict light/dark schedule? If so I won’t be super worried! You can always try putting a little flour on her wheel just so you can see if she wheeled during the night! Also, you can count her kibble (see if she eats) or check if she poops!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts