Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wasn't sure what board to put this under...my girl Chloe seems to sleep alot! she's asleep when i get home from work, when i go to bed, and when i get up at 6:45am, i turn the bedroom light off around 9-10pm, i recently changed her lining and didn't see much poop this morning, i can usually hear her running in circles during the night or when i get up to get ready for work....anyone know why she is sleeping so much and not out playing or wheeling much?

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
The first thing to check whenever their activity level decreases is temperature. Even if hedgie doesn't feel obviously cool, sometimes an increase in temperature is all that is needed.

What temperature is her cage and what type of heating are you using?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right now i am using the houses heater, i am in the process of building her a 2 level cage with the cubes and cloroplast, i know this question has nothing to do with the topic but my cage i am making is 2 full levels, not 1 bottom and half top, its 2 full, i am using a flex vent tube to connect them and putting cloroplast as floors, how would i heat both levels? i am getting a heat emitter next week or so to help heat at night..any help would be great

1 - 3 of 3 Posts