Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm probably just being overly worried but I figured I'd ask anyway. I got Bellatrix on sunday. She was very active in the carrier, and at my parents house in the small cage I had made for her there. After getting to my apartment, she continued being very active, and stayed that way all of sunday night. Yesterday, I disturbed her more than I should have because I was working on her cage, so I assumed that the reason she slept pretty much all night last night was because of that. I just took her out of her cage about a half hour ago and put her on my bed with a blanky and all she will do is sleep under it. It's about 77 degrees in my room and I had lights on for her since 7:30 this morning, I will be turning them off shortly when I go to bed, so I don't think a hibernation attempt is the problem. I think shes about 6 weeks old, so is it just the fact that she's young? I just want to make sure she's okay. THANKS!

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Yes, babies often 22 hours of the day. They will get up at odd times to eat/drink, possibly wheel, and go back to sleep. Don't worry, they grow out of it. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts