Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! My little guy just turned 1 this month. He is super active, very friendly and I have had no issues with him! Within the past 3 days I have noticed he is pooping skinny logs. At first I didn’t pay much attention because he will poop a big one then a smaller one a bit later. But it seems to be several skinny poops. They are normal color and consistency. I am just a bit concerned. He is eating and drinking and running as usual. But just some skinny poops! I gave him a tubby the other day and he dropped a big one so I thought things were okay but then some more skinny poops last night along with a normal one. Any advice? Should I opt for some pumpkin? Thanks :)

· Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
636 Posts
I think that this is probably just the way he poops if everything else is fine. Hedgehogs are all different so I would say to not worry about it. Are you talking like a pencil width or like string, because if string, then yeah you might want to go to the vet.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that this is probably just the way he poops if everything else is fine. Hedgehogs are all different so I would say to not worry about it. Are you talking like a pencil width or like string, because if string, then yeah you might want to go to the vet.
Thank you! When he does a skinny poop I would say it’s about the width of a phone charger cord. Normally they are about pencil width. He started doing some very normal poops again since I posted this but last night I had him out for a while and this morning there were some skinnies again, I am wondering if it is a stress thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.