Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had been a long time member but have not been out here in a while. Had there been another crash to this site or something? My old password and ID did not work and I had to re-register again. In any event, I am glad all seems to be working and the same people are still out here. I was just curious as to what happpened.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well apparently the old forums were hacked a couple weeks ago, so they totally re-vamped the forums and had everyone re-register. So these are the new-and-improved forums :lol: you can still look at the old forum archives, but you can't post anything there anymore.

·
Administrator
3,594 Posts
Maxie, we changed what software we were using for the forums (upgraded). Which we ended up having to have everyone reregister. Sorry for the trouble.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yes, this was actually something that's been on the back burner for quite some time. We needed to upgrade the forum software to deal with an increase in hack attempts, but migrating the user database over to new software was rather daunting given its size.

After the last hack attack (the site was down for a whole 8 minutes) I decided enough was enough and we simply set up this new forum, transferred the important posts over here as stickies and had everyone move over here and re-register. The old forum archives are still available via a link at the top right of the page but new posts must be made here.

We have lots of new features and capabilities in this new forum and we're adding more all the time. So far so good :)

Bryan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the updates and information. I figured there was a crash of some kind but was confused in that my old login and password were intact within the photo gallery section of the site but not the forum section.

We have not had much time to come out here on the site as we have been dealing with a new puppy in the house. Maxie (our 3 year old HH) could care less about the dog but the dog is quite curious about the little hedgie. So far so good as both are about used to each other at this point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts