Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I could be wrong but it does seem like they caught something from your new one. I wonder if Puffs head tilt could be an ear infection or if mites have gotten into her ear canal. I know the WHS may be a possiblity but with the timing off it all it almost seems like it would be a side effect to something contagious. When trying to think of things an ear problem is what came to mind because ear infections or other ear problems can cause balance issues or head tilting in other animals. One of my dogs a long time ago had an ear infection which caused him to tilt his head. The vet said that most likely the ear felt wet inside to him or that it was draining and itching him. It's hard to tell but just an idea that I had when reading it. Im not an expert in anyway but wanted to share as something thats a possibilty.

Hope the gang feels better.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Im not sure if these were asked but Ive been thinking hard on this. These might be out on a limb but I thought I'd throw them out there since its still a mystery. Is it possible you used a different detergent on the girls bedding? Did you clean the girls cages out with a different cleaner? Is there an air freshner near the girls cage? Did you have a spill or something on that side of your room and used a cleaner to clean it up? These wouldn't explain the ear tilt Puff has but it might they might be a reason that both girls would have similiar ailments and also explain why they might show a symptom more at home but when they got to the vets that the vet didn't think it sounded bad.

I'll keep trying to think of possibilities just because I know it helps me if I hear different suggestions when trying to figure something out. Hope they feel better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.