Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little guys name is Harrison and my wife and I noticed recently that he hasn't been eating much. I've done a bunch of looking up and I'm pretty sure he is just constipated, but not 100% sure. He is drinking lots of water still, but hasn't been pooping (not sure about pea). I put him in warm water twice and that brought about a bowel movement both times. The bowel movements are very runny and not solid. I've tried feeding him canned pumpkin, but he doesn't seem to like it (I did force him to eat some though). He will eat a little bit of food everyday if I show him the food is there. But he still really really loves his meal worms. Harrison gets super excited each time he eats one. He has also been a lethargic, although he did a lot better last night after he had a bowel movement.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or anything else to try? Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
How long has this been going on? Did you just get him? I think your best bet would be to take him to the vet. If he was constipated I would think his poop would be hard. And if you just got him or he's been in a car lately this may have caused it, but I don't think thats it. With hedgehogs the best way to tell if thier sick is by poop/pee and thier intake on food and in this case he isn't eating and has runny poop I would take him to the vet to see whats wrong. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick update on Harrison. First, thanks for the replies. Harrison has been doing a lot better. He is pooping a lot more regularly and they are much more solid then they had been. Still a little soft, but much better then before. He is eating a lot more now too. Today he ate the amount he usually eats, so I think he is on the mend. He has also been a lot more active when we bring him out to run around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts