Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an update to make sure I am doing everything right.

My hedgehog still has sores on his belly, the clavamox drops didnt do anything so I took my little man back to the vet. This time she peeled off a scab and started some fungus cultures. She says he has lots of bacteria and shes giving me Baytril. 0.14 ml twice a day in addition to the .05 ml of clavamox twice a day.

Cedric is still using his wheel, eating regularly and pooping up a storm. The cat food she gave me is WD? I dont know what it stands for. But hes eating it fine and his poop didnt change.

She says his eye is still cloudy, i guess the Vetrypolycin didnt work either.

4 mo, tshirt liners, heater on all the time, wire cage with plastic bottom, meal worms every now and then.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I havent for sure seen him blink. Ive seen him close his eyes to sleep? When i would put ointment on his eye he would mostly keep it open.

what does that mean?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually cannot tell that his eye is cloudy, my vet said it was/and hasnt improved.

Could a bacterial or fungal skin infection make his eye cloudy?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is the best picture I could get, its spread and looks crusty now. When does the Baytril kick in?! Can I soak him a little to get the crust off? my poor Cedric :(

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.