Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
clouds lymph nodes are swollen. the one in his right hind leg is severly swollen. he is taking bayatril for it. however this evening i noticed that his right hind foot was swollen to twice its normal size. an exotic vet is hard to find in beaufort sc, do you think i need to go to one? ls it serious?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Although I don't really know a whole lot, I'm gonna say yeah find a doctor. Anytime anything on a living animal is swollen that much, it should probably get checked out. That's just my first thought, I could be completely wrong though.

·
Registered
395 Posts
one possibility of swollen lymph nodes is cancer. Once cancer gets into the lymph nodes it can quickly spread to the rest of the body (at least in humans iirc). Either way (cancer or not) i would take him back to the vet. It could just be an infection in the lymph nodes and he may need new medication.

·
Administrator
3,738 Posts
This is one of those times that yes you need to take him to the vet. You mention finding an exotics vet is hard to find.... who prescribed the baytril? You should be talking to that vet and telling him/her about the changes in your hedgehog's condition so that they can reevaluate the situation. What did the vet think was wrong the first time?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts