Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Indy is really starting to hate me more and more every day. She even balled up today, and she hasn't done that since I got her. Instead of warming up to me she is getting more afraid of me. I don't know what to do anymore, but what I am doing is making it worse. I have been letting her out of her cage and just run around in my arms, but she started biting me. So the last few days I let her run around between my legs. This seemed to be helping, so I have been giving her a little more room to run around near me and the last couple of times she has just sat in a corner hissing at me. Last night she even started having green poopy. I am afraid whatever I am doing to her is just not the right thing. Anyone have any other suggestions? Am I not keeping her out long enough to get use to me? I usually spend about an hour interacting with her. Am I keeping her out too long since she is so scared? Should I just pick her up and put her back until she gets use to it? Please help! I need as many suggestions as possible. I also need to give her a bath, but I am afraid that she will be even worse if I do that. I am afraid that will put her over the edge and she will never like me. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!! :(

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
How old is she and how long have you had her? I'm assuming that you've had her long enough that any stress related poop is over with so the green poop could signal she is ill. Have you given her any new treats or food?

As for her behaviour, is she quilling? That could account for the behaviour.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had her about a month so she is 3-4 months old. Her poop is fine as long as I am not messing with her. Normal brown, looks like toothpaste. It only turns green when I start to mess with her.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nancy is probably right (as always :) ) Your hedgie probably doesn't like people bothering with her if she is quilling and therefor won't want to interact with you that much for a little while. I THINK quilling lasts for a couple weeks but I would wait for a more expirienced hedgehog owner to come along and clearify that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.