Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im the owner of Isa, she have 2 years by now. Since a month ago i've being having some "lumps" on her skin, when i took her to the vet he said it may be some inglrow quills, he send me home with an antibiotic prescription and that was all... but days are passed and lumps are more and more and the vet has no idea what is going on, hedegies are extremly rare in my country, and he is the best vet of exotics around here, isa has lost almost the half of her weigth she's not eating well and shes being kinda slow, she never scratch herself and i did the black clothes test and i cant find any mite or any other sign of something like that, the lumps are hard and has no smell . I am so sad and Desperate I will apreciate your help. very sorry for my bad english.:(:(

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
I haven't seen anything like this, and I'm not a vet, but if antibiotics aren't working and it doesn't seem like ingrown quills, my first thought is a viral or fungal skin infection. I'd give your vet an update on condition and ask for a skin scraping to determine the cause/nature of the infection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I spoke to him yesterday and he's going to do some studies on isa's skin and blood. He told me that he think is fatty liver disease and and the lumps are probably fat. Like zits or something like that. But I have to wait. The vet prohibited the mealworms on her diet and today she looks so much better, active and happy ! So meaby the mealworms where so fatty for her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts