Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sonic will lick/nibble my fingers, and then lick himself all over (like a cat bathing itself). I've read that this is a normal behavior, but, he only does it when I hold him, not when anyone else holds him. Is that bad?

·
Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
470 Posts
No, this is super normal. It means he likes how you smell or taste lol. It shows he trusts you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for that post. I was going to write something similar. My guy does it mainly at four places: one spot on the carpet, my significant other, the wooden closet door, some of our books on the bookcase. There are days when he fights me to go to those spots and that's all he wants to do. I fear he needs to join Hedgehog AA (anointed anonymous).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for that post. I was going to write something similar. My guy does it mainly at four places: one spot on the carpet, my significant other, the wooden closet door, some of our books on the bookcase. There are days when he fights me to go to those spots and that's all he wants to do. I fear he needs to join Hedgehog AA (anointed anonymous).
In addition, he recently lunged at my boyfriend with no aggression and no warning/change/etc. It was almost like a little kid trying to annoy you. We have also noticed that if he isn't trying to lick/bite/anoint, and he's cuddling in my arms, and Bob comes, he'll look at him and then turn around so that his butt is facing him. It's really turned into a love/hate relationship.

He had no issues with my mom holding him or the staff at the vet school (apparently he thought it was a party and was climbing all over everyone).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts