Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hedgie has always been very timid. When i first picked her out she wouldnt be afraid and run around, but since i brought her home she is shy. I know its normal for hedgehogs to be shy and timid but is there anything i can do to get her to be more social? I have tried holding her and taking her with me as i would watch tv or relax about once a day, but she still never wants me to get her out of her cage. What else can I do to help become more social? :(

·
Registered
273 Posts
bribe skittle with mealworms!!!!!! :D no hedgie can resist, :cool: the power of the mealworm!!!!!! lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
I dont know about that. Neither of my hedgies will eat meal worms.

Mine were like that when they first got here and I just kept holding them and talking to them and let them sleep with a shirt that had my sent on it and they are getting much better. Give it time Im sure Skittle will come around

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
hedgieluver said:
bribe skittle with mealworms!!!!!! :D no hedgie can resist, :cool: the power of the mealworm!!!!!! lol
heehee, ten of mine will tell you different. :lol:

·
Registered
508 Posts
hedgieluver said:
Lulu will tell you differint also!
as of right now, she pays no attention to em' :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've tried the mealworms and she never showed that she likes them. I guess I will just keep trying your advice and hopefully she will come out of it

·
Registered
29 Posts
some people have cut the mealies in half to let their hedgehog's smell the guts to persuade them to eat them. try that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts