Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, im really worried, i got a new bed for my hedgie since in his bin we just made her a temprary box before we bought teh bed, he usually goes in the box and sleeps there. So we got him a hedgehog bed so that he has a new place to hide and sleep but now he’s really scared of it and wont go in. He’s 2 months. And he’s usually curious and playful but now he just wants to curl up in a ball :(((( what should I do? :( How long does it take for him to ge used to the new bed? Hope to hear from all of you soon

·
Registered
110 Posts
My hedgehog did the same thing. He absolutely refuses to go into the bed I got him and prefers to liner dive instead. I'm not sure why he hates it so much, but he does. I would just leave the bed in there for a little while and see if he gets used to it, but don't force him to go in. :)

·
Registered
Holly is 3 years old. Super cuddly and loving.
2,144 Posts
If you have the space, leave the new ved and the cardbaord in the enclosure next to each other, he may get used to it then.

Some hogs just are not keep on fleece beds, my girl is like that, she prefers a hide and then uses her loose bedding kicking it out and pulling it in whenever she wants.

It could also be to do with it being a new smell, in which case fleece wash and sleep with it, and wooden just wipe down with whatever you clean with, this will help as they will then be familiar smells.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My hedgehog did the same thing. He absolutely refuses to go into the bed I got him and prefers to liner dive instead. I'm not sure why he hates it so much, but he does. I would just leave the bed in there for a little while and see if he gets used to it, but don't force him to go in. :)
Thanks for this ☺❤

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have the space, leave the new ved and the cardbaord in the enclosure next to each other, he may get used to it then.

Some hogs just are not keep on fleece beds, my girl is like that, she prefers a hide and then uses her loose bedding kicking it out and pulling it in whenever she wants.

It could also be to do with it being a new smell, in which case fleece wash and sleep with it, and wooden just wipe down with whatever you clean with, this will help as they will then be familiar smells.
Got it. Thank you so much! ☺

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, im really worried, i got a new bed for my hedgie since in his bin we just made her a temprary box before we bought teh bed, he usually goes in the box and sleeps there. So we got him a hedgehog bed so that he has a new place to hide and sleep but now he’s really scared of it and wont go in. He’s 2 months. And he’s usually curious and playful but now he just wants to curl up in a ball :(((( what should I do? :( How long does it take for him to ge used to the new bed? Hope to hear from all of you soon
just give her time. mine just perfect to sleep under a fleece blanket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts