Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

After discovering last week that the silent spinner wheels are not safe (i did so much research and still got the wheel wrong :x ) i bought Henry a flying saucer wheel.

He has gone on it straight away which is great, but after three nights i managed to catch him using it and bless him, i don't think he has a clue!

He kind of runs in all directions, sometimes stops at the top and so the wheel spins him round to the bottom, trys running in the middle and all sorts more! :D

Is this ok and will he get the hang of it? Is there anything i can do to help him? He runs on his wheel for hours and is his only real interest so i want to make sure he's happy with it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow. I seriously just ha a silent spinner wheel and recently bought sergio a flying saucer too. He loves it(i think) but he seriously needs some practice! LOL! I have some of the same questions as you and I almost started a thread like this too! I hope we get some answers!

·
Registered
395 Posts
He is doing perfectly fine. If you find a poop coated wheel, he gets the hang of it.

Vex does all of that too, not because he doesn't know how to use it, but because he is interested in how to get to the top (i would be too, he keeps running and never gets there)

Vex will also often stop and change directions mid run, or try and climb up the middle only to spin back around.

On a FS vex will run very close to the middle of the wheel, almost as if he is standing on the middle, but he makes that thing whirl. On a normal bucket wheel or CWS he will run further out on the running surface.

Either way, he is just being a normal hedgie =D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts