Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom called me this morning and told me that her hedgie, Elliot, died yesterday. I'm sad and I figured if there was any place to post a memorial it would be here.

You guys don't know Elliot but here is the story, although I don't know the exact details. Over the summer she left him in someone else's care, because she had to come to America for a month or two. At the beginning of the summer with his caretakers he got a peanut stuck in his mouth and they couldn't get it out for some time. (here is where I get somewhat confused) Apparently they couldn't get it out for some time and he starved. They finally got it out and he started eating again, and eventually returned him to my mom, but he was never the same afterwards. He was thin and listless, and never ran on his wheel any more.

Elliot was the first hedgehog I met/fell in love with, and he was the reason I ended up getting little Gordon. I visited my parents for a month and took care of him when he was still relatively new to the family. When I met him his name was "Elli", and he was a girl. Apparently the German pet stores don't know how to sex hedgehogs any better than the American ones lol. When I found out she was a he, his name was changed to Elliot.
I started socializing him (after a while I would take him out while I was playing video games, run into my bathrobe sleeve, and go to sleep) and helped my mom understand what he needed to have a good life.

Here are some pictures from a few days after we first met. He looks very grumpy but you can see his little hedgie smile in one of the pics. In the last picture, he escaped my hands and crawled into my jacket pocket. At first it was cute until I realized I had to get a ball of spikes out of there.

RIP Elliot, we will miss you

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Aw I'm so sorry for yours and your mums loss. He is in hedgie heaven now, and I'm sure he is content. Rip little one.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Poor Elliot. I am sorry you lost him.

My thoughts are that when he had the peanut lodged in his mouth and was unable to eat, FLD started and it was a gradual decline to his death.

Hugs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.