Hedgehog Central banner

RIP baby girl

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  lucky18ea 
#1 ·
I decided to put Miss Prickly down yesterday. It was clear that she had WHS and it was progressing so quickly. One day she was fine (as fine as she could be), the next day more paralysis had set in and she couldn't even roll over.

My vet was amazing. She cried with me, petted her, talked to her, and never left her (or my) side. She went peacefully.

I know it's the best thing I could've done for her. I just miss her so much :'(

#9 ·
Thank you everyone for the kind words and thoughts. I finally got her things cleaned up yesterday (nearly a week later). I just couldn't bring myself to do it. With all of the quills I found (they liked to hide in the back of her house), I think I may make some sort of memorial scrapbook page or something with them. They're all in a ziplock bag on my kitchen counter so that I can add to them as my bare feet find more of them!

Her life was too short, but she knew she was loved and I know that she trusted my every decision. I couldn't have asked for a better hedgie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.