Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there. I had a question as to whether or not we are feeding our hedgie the right diet.
Currently he is on a mix of purina one kitten food mixed with purina indoor cat food.
the kitten food is 40%protein and 14% fat and the indoor is 30% protein and 9% fat. both have chicken meal by product listed as one of the first 2 ingredents.
He is also given chicken, gerber meat sticks, eggs(scrambled) and a few meal worms as treats every now and then.
I read the food post but did not see any of the dry foods we feed. Another site said to mix a high quality cat food with a mid grade cat food, so I'm not sure we are feeding the right things and just wanted to see what we should change. We have a cat so any or all of the unused cat food can go to her. thanks for your input.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks all for the input. I'll be going to the pet store in a few days ( need to get new nail clippers for the cat ) so I'll look to see what I can replace the kitten food with as everyone seems to agree that the fat and protein are a little to high. I can give the rest of the kitten food to our cat Reesie as a treat every now and then so it won't be wasted.

I'm glad to hear the extra foods are good though:) Prickles loves the meat sticks from Gerber. I put them in the treat dish and you will instantly see movement from the hedgiebag. Its so cute. I think he likes those more then mealworms lol. We've only had him for about a month so we are varing his food slowly as to not cause tummy issues for him. So far its all gone well. I love this site for all its tips and advice. Its how we started using liners and we will never go back to bedding:) Thanks again.
:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts