Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm in a panic. I took in a rescue, Hope, a few months back. Among many problems, she had severe mites. She was treated with 3 monthly doses of Revolution. I had to take her in for a fecal test for mushy poop, and they found not just bacteria but mite exoskeletons. The says we need to do a series of 3 injections of Ivermectin now. I'm in a huge panic because I've only read how dangerous it is and to not allow it. What can I do if the Revolution isn't working?!? Any ideas why the mites are in her poop?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Nancy. I've been doing some reading up around the forum and noticed the same thing. I got more Revolution for now, and was given 3 doses and will space them 2 weeks apart and see where that gets us before we try Ivermectin.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
That's a good idea. :)

Ivermectin always worries me. There are many who say they have never heard of an ivermectin death other than a he said she said sort of thing. Usually those are people who don't follow the forums.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I did see that mentioned on Facebook too Nancy; one said to another and another.................whereas you have documented information about Ivermectin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts