Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The correct dosage for Cat and kitten Revolution is .01 ml per 400g.

The location can be either between the shoulder blades, or behind the ear. Rarely does Revolution cause side effects and if so, it is usually a bit of skin irritation. I put the drop between the shoulder blades because if it does cause irritation, it is more difficult for them to reach that area to scratch. Make sure the drop goes on bare skin.

.01 (point, zero, one) ml is the first small line on a 1 ml/cc needle.

I use a syringe with needle on to suck up the correct amount from the vial. Then I take the needle part off and stick the tip of the syringe against his skin.

·
Registered
543 Posts
You have to make sure your syringe is graduated in .01 ml/cc/units. Being on insulin myself I recently had to point out to my physician my syringes were graduated in .02 ml/cc/unit marks and not .01 ml/cc/unit marks. Some 1cc syringes are graduated in .01ml/cc/units and some are graduated in .02 ml/cc/units. Just something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Ok i have a question, i take insulin and i was messing around with one of my syringes the other day trying to take the needle off, but i coulint get it off. how dose it come off? or do some syringe needles not come off? haha i know this is a dumb question but i was just wondering. and im really tired so im not thinking right, :lol: LOL

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, some insulin syringes the needle doesn't come off. I have found that Walmart seems to be one of the few places that carry ones that do come off. :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
ohhhh okay. LOL thanks, hahaha. :lol:
mine must me stuck on there, cuz i was goin crazy tryin to get it off :roll: haha
duhh me

·
Registered
28 Posts
I FOUND MITES EAK!!

The reptile store I visit often stocks mite-be-gone or something with the name 'mite' in the title.
Can I use this? if so what is the dosage I need to use? Is it easy?
Or should I order from the beanfarm.com this revolution stuff?
Thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
slightly off the topic of revolution,
i had also heard it was safe to use the over the counter Hartz Ultraguard Plus® Flea And Tick Drops For Cats (in the lowest weight class) and i could just put it in a dropper or syringe and put two small drops on the center of the top of her neck.

i never had a mite outbreak, so if this is misinformation please let me know for the future.
i was told it was a safer alternative to the ivermectin.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've been worried that Algy has mites, and since the oatmeal bath I gave him didn't seem to help, I've ordered some of the Kitten/Puppy Revolution. I've read a few different articles and posts, and was curious as to how many doses I should give him.

Is it just a one time, .1 cc dosage? Or do you apply several doses over the course of several weeks?

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The dosage is .01 ml/cc per 400grams of weight. That is . zero one, not .1

Many vets are now suggesting it be repeated at 3 week intervals for 3 doses.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys.
Humphrey is a Texas Tumbleweed Rescue, and was automatically treated with Revolution before he got to me. I am supposed to get him done again at the vet in 30 days from pickup...
Here's my question:
I was told it is 1 drop behind EACH ear. This is with a dropper or syringe. Would you say the 2 drops would equal the .01 cc you are talking about? (I use those syringes at work all the time, to medicate small animals in the Pet Care department at PetSmart)

Thanks for your opinions... :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I dont have access to any type of syringes or anything like that so i kinda have to rely on using
"drops" ...how many should I give him to make the .01 ml? Im GUESSING here..but would that be about 2-3? My hedgie been itching all nite and I would really like to give this to him now , but I dont want to give to much and hurt him or give to little and be wasting it :(

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can get syringes at any pharmacy, Walmart pharmacy, or any drug store pharmacy. Just ask for a 1ml syringe. Usually they have a removable needle. The needle part just pulls off giving you a syringe. Usually they cost about .25 cents or less.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts