Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Im a new hedgehog owner from the philippines. Recently, i noticed mites (crawling white dots) on my hedgehog, he also scatches at times but there were no other signs such as excessive quill loss. His skin was dry and flakey but improved after i gave him a bath. I guess it is a mild case but i worry if it progresses something worse.

I went to the vet and unfortunately Revolution (selemectin) is not available here. I was told to buy Frontline and to bring my hedgehog over for administration. Do you guys have any advices? My hedgehog is perfectly healthy other than that. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Do some research because I seem to recall that Frontline is not hedgehog safe. Also check on Advantage Multi. I think it's been used on hedgehogs. Don't take my word for it without researching, because I only use and trust Revolution. :)

·
Administrator
3,585 Posts
Per the Epping Forest Hedgehog Rescue's webpage, for European hedgehogs:

Be very careful using Frontline™ Flea spray from vets. Never spray it onto the hedgehog Even though the substance is safe for hedgehogs the alcohol in the pump causes severe breathing problems when absorbed through the skin or breathed in and kills hedgehogs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts