Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I'm returning to Hedgehog Central after 2 years as I am getting a new baby hedgehog. I'm just trying to freshen up my hedgehog knowledge and see if anything has changed within the hedgehog world within the past 2 years. I am making my way through the hedgehog book that has been posted :).

I just found out today that I will be getting a hedgehog baby from the breeder Hoppin Hedgehogs here in Vancouver, BC. I don't know which one I am getting yet, and if it will be a boy or a girl. Apparently I get last pick due to my order of application, but that is just fine with me. I get to go visit and meet my baby a week before they come home and I get to pick them up and bring them home on Feb 8th, not too long now! Here is a picture of the litter from the Hoppin Hedgehog website. I believe the three together are girls, and the one alone is the boy (I hope they don't mind me sharing their website!) http://www.hoppinhedgehogs.ca/available-babies.html

This new hedgehog is due to the recent and sudden death of my hedgehog Wembley. He had just turned 2 and died very suddenly. One day he was fine and the next day we had noticed he hadn't eaten his food and had died. I am crushed :(. But bringing a new baby home is helping my broken heart.

So guys, tell me what's new in the hedgehog world! I would also love to hear from anyone who has babies from Hoppin Hedgehogs! So far I am very happy with them and they seem very professional and I am happy with the process. I will post updates of course as I progress :D Thanks for reading my long and drawn out post!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got one of my boy from Hoppin Hedgehogs. I actually got them to ship the boy hedgehog to me and was concern that with the change of pressure, etc, that the hedgehog will have difficulty adjusting. First night he arrived and he was already on his wheel. Most friendliest hedgehog as well. I couldn't be happier. I do recommended them. :D

·
Registered
516 Posts
What pretty babies! I thought the pics were in black and white at first!

Congrats! There is nothing as exciting as bring home a new baby.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts