Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago, I rescued a female hedgehog from a high school teacher near me. She only stayed with me for a couple of days, but I named her Acacia and did my best to keep her comfortable. After staying with me, Acacia made her way down to stay with Lori in Ohio. Lori did her very best to help this little girl, who was horribly skinny when we got her. She handfed her for a month, trying to get her to gain weight. Unfortunately, it turned out that Acacia had pneumonia, and Lori couldn't help her, though she tried as hard as she could. Acacia ended up dying from being sick. I'm so glad that she was able to stay with Lori for her last month, I know she was spoiled rotten and loved very, very much while she was there. I just wanted to make a memorial for her here, so she knows how much we loved her, even if we didn't get much time with her.

Rest in peace, sweetie.

[attachment=0:s11et62s]th_DSC00110.jpg[/attachment:s11et62s]

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
Aww I'm so sorry to hear that! :(

RIP Acacia!
We will never forget you!

·
Registered
273 Posts
AWWWW!!!! so sorry to hear that,

she will be missed dearly<3
XOXOXOXOXOXOs Lillysmommy, you are in my prayers ;)

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
God bless you both for doing what you could for little acacia ;)
She's with god now and will be waiting for us all in hedgie heaven.
May god rest her little soul.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for her last month cause she have a chance to have great time before pass away
She was probably realy glad to have that time with you ,,,,

And now she have good time running on the cloud with all the angels ,,,

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Such a special little girl to be remembered by so many people! Rest well little one! You are with all your new hedgie friends now.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Its so sad to hear of any hedgie deaths, but glad her final month was a happy one.

RIP Acacia. xxxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts