Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Whether you get a baby or a rescue, there is no way to guarantee you will get a friendly, social hedgehog. Either one can end up friendly and social. The 2 hedgehogs we got as babies-- Zeus (he was between 2 and 3 months old), and Artemis (she was almost 4 months old)--are probably the least cuddly out of all of the hedgehogs we have! They both hate being petted, and Artemis wants to run around and jump off of things all the time.

Our big sweetheart is Aries (the sick one with gum disease) who was a year old when we got him and had lived in a pet store in a tiny aquarium his whole life. No one wanted him because he was so grumpy! He hated everything when we brought him home, and we actually meant to name him "Ares" like the Greek god of war! His attitude changed with some love and attention and lots of mealworms, of course. He's so sweet and nice--this is the kind of hedgehog you want!

You need to be prepared to love whatever kind of hedgehog you get. Personality depends more on the hedgehog, not their age when you get them. I'm so glad I have rescued hedgehogs because they needed a home to be loved and cared for. They might not be wee hedgie babies anymore, but they are MY babies now!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.