Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I have a rescue. Very different from everyone's baby experiences I can tell you that. I didn't get to see him grow, or go through quilling. But I also didn't have to worry about how much he was growing or if he had mites along with his quilling. He's had no health issues so far (but health issues with rescues or babies are very expensive and can happen with either). He's come around a bit but he's still a grumpus (we've had him for just over 1 year). I'm so jealous of people who can pet their babies and snuggle and the baby's quills are flat most of the time. I love Quigley he's got personality and spunk but the experience has been very different than it might have been with a baby. The actual bonding process is the same with an adult as with a baby it just might take longer with an adult. Ultimately it's up to you.

EDIT
Just wanted to add that personalities can change after quilling so if you get an adult there probably won't be an unexpected personality change like there might be with a baby. I like to think of it as "he can only improve" whereas a baby might become really grumpy after quilling an already grumpy adult will only change for the better over time.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.