Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to let everyone know (in case anyone was wondering) that Ivan just got back from the vet, who said that other than being extremely overweight (he weighed in at 640 grams after not eating for 5 days and running his wheel every night) he seems to be perfectly healthy. The x-rays showed that he didn't have any tumors or anything that looked abnormal, so the doctor concurred with me (us) that he probably hasn't been eating because he just hasn't adjusted to his new surroundings. She gave me some antibiotics for his water in hopes to help his green poop issue. She also gave me that A/D canned food I always hear everyone talk so highly of here. The food he was given (before his previous owners started with the cat food) was shipped yesterday, so hopefully it will be here tomorrow.

I'm just relieved to know that my thinking was correct (thankfully) and that he didn't have any sort of tumor or cancer or something wrong that would physically prevent him from eating. A mental inability to eat is one thing, but a physical inability is a whole different can of worms! :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.