Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is repeating & if i am can someone please attach the thread cause i can't find it!

After 3 antibiotics and a negative poop test Henry is still doing some green poops with his normal ones, so im going to try to see if its his food. Would it be possible to just stop feeding 2 of his 3 brands, see how he goes on one then start re introducing? Or like adding food do i need to slowly remove them?

Uk based so just swapping the food for another good brand is difficult so i thought this way might be easier?

As always all opinions welcome!

Thank you :D

·
Administrator
3,591 Posts
How long has he been off of the antibiotics? It sounds like he was on them for a long time based on the number he was given.

My first thought is, have you tried probiotics to get his GI flora back? Antibiotics kill both bad and good bacteria. If he was on them for a long time, and/or hasn't been off of them very long it could be that his GI is still messed up. Try giving some acidolphilus (found in health food stores). Sprinkle a pinch of it on his food and give it a couple of days. Often that clears up the greenies (if he is still on antibiotics, give the probiotic half way between antibiotic doses, otherwise the antibiotic kills off the probiotic).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts