Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read the post from gsmom. I guess I just need verification that what's happening with Josephine is normal. I packed her and the cats in the car and moved 8 1/2 hours north west from where we were. Jose had the front seat and I kept her warm with insulating her house with a blanket and a hot water bottle (tepid). She's 8 months old and is really quilling. One of the cats is having a hard time adjusting. We've been here almost a month and I hoping that that is all with Josephine. The air is drier here and it's still freezing. She's eating ok and is running in her wheel most night not 2 nights ago though. She's losing about 20 or 25 a night. I just want to make sure this is normal (with the move and what.
Don't know whether I should start a new thread or not so.........This is the second time I've had a cat not adjust well. I was thinking about going to the vet and getting feliway. It's a bottle with pherimones (spelling ?) It plugs into the wall like those febreeze thingies. However I want to make sure that will not hurt her.

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Is she growing quills back in? Are you seeing any scratching or does her skin look unusual at all? If she's growing quills in & not getting any bare spots & everything else seems normal, I wouldn't worry too much right now. 8 months is kind of an odd time for a quilling though, so I would still keep an eye on her. Make sure her temperature is staying relatively steady & is what she's used to, despite the colder weather. If you think the lower humidity is affecting her, you could set up a humidifier in her room.

I've always heard good things about Feliway, and the wildlife rehabber I used to work with used it for her cats with good results. Sounds like it'd be worth a try for your kitty!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts