Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep i am 99% sure hedgehogs can't see red light!!! :shock: We bought one to watch the sea turtles lay eggs and hatch but i herd for the turtles you can make one with red Cellophane. Well few nights ago quillie (my hog) was making quite a racket and i thought of way to spy on her i finally thought of it. Two night i put it next to my bed and when i heard her I flicked it on and no reaction.I got up and put my hand in her cage a few inches from her and no reaction so i wanted a second and moved closer then i bumped her and my usually sweet loving never huffing hog was a Ball of huffing quills. After a few minutes she went back to her normal happenings. So as a control i did it again last night and got to see her eat, drink, and run. I feel a bit like a stocker but i know she does not mind she is none the wiser. :roll:
So i want to know if anybody else will try this or have tried this?? :?:

Chase (and quillie)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i guess quillie is just special..... but my red light is real dull (i need new batteries) so it might be that and not a color thing??

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Maybe. Some hedgies don't care if a red light is on, some are very sensitive. Inky is very shy and doesn't like to be out when any lights at all are on.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
I have many that won't come out under red light. Others are just fine with it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Where do you go to see sea turtles? I work on Melbourne beach with them :D
Raisin notices the red light but doesnt to seem to care as much as he does with white light where he goes and hides:p

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Oh Nancy!!!!!!!!!! I have this vision of you lurking in your hedgie room on tiptoe peeking in cages like Missy Spy!!!!!!!!! I have another of you on your sofa in the hedgie room with 10 baby hedgies using you as a jungle jim!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.