Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just need some reassurance. I recently posted that i was diagnosed with Salmonella...I had a phone call today from the the health unit saying that they typed the salmonella and it's a type found in hedgehogs. I am soooo paranoid now that I will get it again or my kids will get it. I just don't know what to do, I am using rubber gloves when I clean their cages and antibacterial soap and purell after that. I haven't held them in 5 days, and I won't let the kids hold them. I'm considering seing if my sons playschool teacher wants them. She has a hedgie and recently lost one to WHS.
I just don't know what to do.....help? Please don't flame me for being a horrible person, I feel bad enough as it is.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks you guys....I feel really dumb, but much better lol :oops:
I think I was caving to pressure from other people to get rid of them, I'm not considering it anymore. I had my boys out last night and realized that there is no way I could ever have them anywhere else but with me!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.