Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what color my Tommy was ? I don't have a lot more pictures of him because he has passed away :cry:

And what about my new ladies ? I've only had them for a few days and I don't want to wake them up during the day so only pics under poor light:

Rosa:

(she was grumpy because I put her back in the cage)

Rosa on the right, Marie on the left:

Marie:

A little clip of Marie in daylight from when she woke up by herself, I think that shows her color best:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Mimosa!

I don't really know anything about color but I just want to say that you might want to look into putting railings or walls on that ramp in the girls' cage Hedgehogs can get seriously injured even from falling a few inches.

The girls are adorable!

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
If I were to take a stabbing guess....

chocolate
brown(or maybe even chocolate, though quills look too light to be chocolate)
brown

And they all look like Algerian, though it's hard to see Marie's mask, because she's so light, but I think I see eye patches.

These are ALL guesses, and I really have no real clue :lol:

Also, ditto on LyzziFall about the ramps and ledges.
There have been cases of injuries and death, as well as some amazing survival stories of falls. It's up to you what risk you wish to take.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've already done away with the ramp as soon as I read this, the little ones aren't using it anyway. It was included in the setup by Tommy's previous owners on recommendation by the breeder to make him walk more, they would put his food and water on top of the house and he would go up and down the ramp all the time to snack. I've wondered on occasion if that's how he hurt himself but then it would be incredibly bad luck that it happened as soon as I got him :cry: and he seemed so sure of his footing I had a hard time believing that was the cause.
Under the ramp was also his favorite napping spot.
I have my own thoughts about those breeders, according to their website they have about 30 species of exotic animals as a hobby so I can see how it would be harder to know everything about every species and give sound info to your buyers. I also suspect they had little time for socialization, Tommy was terribly shy compared to Marie and Rosa who really came from less than ideal conditions.

I think I'll do away with the house entirely and buy smaller shelters and make some hedgie bags, since the ladies have taken to sleeping between the liners.

This is such a great forum, everyone has the hedgies' best interest in mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts