Hedgehog Central banner

Random Pictures of Charley

16K views 119 replies 24 participants last post by  Rainy 
#1 ·
I'd like to introduce (for those that don't already know him or know of him) Charley the hedgehog!

A snuggler in the evening and an explorer in the morning, Charley is the latest addition to my family, and I couldn't be happier to be a new hedgie-momma!

Here are some pictures of him. They probably won't be in any order, and will be labeled in the captions as to what was going on when.

Enjoy!

~Katie[attachment=0:31pm5brm]IMG_0051 (2).jpg[/attachment:31pm5brm][attachment=1:31pm5brm]IMG_0050 (2).jpg[/attachment:31pm5brm][attachment=2:31pm5brm]IMG_0039 (2).jpg[/attachment:31pm5brm]

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
He is! I think he's cute even when he's impersonating a sea urchin.

I made him a new "toy" tonight and he's in love! I took an 8-can Mt. Dew box, cut off the end, and filled it with fleece strips. I don't think he's ever seen anything like it, because he went right in and hasn't come out since. I didn't have the heart to dump him out, so I'm going to leave it in his cage overnight and see what happens. ^_^

[attachment=0:vu76c41z]100_2508.jpg[/attachment:vu76c41z]

[attachment=1:vu76c41z]100_2507.jpg[/attachment:vu76c41z]

[attachment=2:vu76c41z]100_2506.jpg[/attachment:vu76c41z]

Attachments

#5 ·
^_^ I hope that's true...he looked so lonely in the pet store...he had a good set-up, but I doubt the staff had too much time for him beyond a cursory inspection and cleaning between giving food and water.

Well, that and I'm a sucker for anything with 4 legs or less, and I was in love at the first sight of that little face.

In the last two he almost looks like he's posing doesn't he?

#8 ·
Oh my goodness! Little Charley looks very spoiled. The faces he is making in the box pictures are adorable. :D

#9 ·
I have not yet begun to spoil him! ^___^

I have a massive delivery of fabric on the way with which I will be making him some cage liners (he and I both seem to share a low opinion of his current bedding -shavings-) and I found some adorable fabric on Etsy that I am going to make him some sleeping bags/blankies out of. I would have done all this sooner, but fabric is really hard to find in Germany!

I'll try to take pictures of him eating his new favorite treat -- mealies!

Thank you everyone for your comments, I read them to Charley when I have him out with me.

~Katie

#10 ·
Here are some new pictures of Charley I took when I had him out to play last night. He's a very photogenic little hog!

[attachment=0:10hvh8hf]100_2549small.jpg[/attachment:10hvh8hf]

[attachment=1:10hvh8hf]100_2548small.jpg[/attachment:10hvh8hf]

[attachment=2:10hvh8hf]100_2547small.jpg[/attachment:10hvh8hf]

Attachments

#15 ·
*grin* he looks exasperated because I told him I was going to take pictures. He hates the flash, but as long as I only take a handfull (less than 5) in one sitting he lets me take some.

I love his pinto markings too! They're not the same on both sides, so I tell him he's a trend-setter. ^_^ It's great when everyone (both cats + Charley) piles into my lap at night to watch some TV, Charley normally winds up crawling inside my shirt and the cats get to fight over the rest of my lap.

Yay for hedgies!

#17 ·
He is just gorgeous. He really is. Such a sweetie.

#18 ·
I had to give Charley a footie bath this morning, and decided to try for some bath pictures. I think you'll all get a kick out of his expression in these two:

[attachment=1:1tyvlyaw]100_2564small.jpg[/attachment:1tyvlyaw]

And I think this one's the best:

[attachment=0:1tyvlyaw]100_2563small.jpg[/attachment:1tyvlyaw]

Even though he was giving me "the look" he was still precious!

~Katie

Attachments

#21 ·
I bathed him in the morning because he had bad poop boots, and I think the rude awakening (he does not like water) irked him.

He's forgiven me though, he's sitting on my chest sniffling around happily. Actually this is the most open and exploring he's ever been around a person or animal. He's comming out of his shell! ^_^

~Katie

#22 ·
Aaaaannnd....more Charley pictures!

Here is Charley during last night's photo session with his new hedgie hut I made yesterday afternoon to go with his new liner and blankie set, as well as a few others while he was out and about ^_^

[attachment=2:2yqa1x8k]IMG_2645.jpg[/attachment:2yqa1x8k]

[attachment=1:2yqa1x8k]IMG_2668.jpg[/attachment:2yqa1x8k]

[attachment=0:2yqa1x8k]IMG_2678.jpg[/attachment:2yqa1x8k]

Attachments

#23 ·
More pics

[attachment=2:1ca3sc52]IMG_2689.jpg[/attachment:1ca3sc52]

[attachment=1:1ca3sc52]IMG_2712.jpg[/attachment:1ca3sc52]

[attachment=0:1ca3sc52]IMG_2713.jpg[/attachment:1ca3sc52]

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.