Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I are in the process of building our soon to be hedgie's home. We are aware that they can fall and get concussions and want to make it safe as possible. The levels of each floor are both nice and large, ventilated, and efficient as far as maintaining the right heat inside. So those things are no issue. We are just trying to find the safest way to allow the hedgie access to go up and down the stairs. We are thinking about using the leg cut off of an old pair of jeans that I had stored in my scrap fabric bag and securing it to the bottom of the top floor with pvc pipe fittings (I think that's what the things that screw them together are called. My hubs would know. lol). We are thinking if it's fabric hedgie can grip it easier and if it falls it won't be so unsafe. Maybe we can sew a cusion of some sort to the bottom as well. Do you all think it can climb/ get down from something like this? We also considered a ramp but are scared even with walls that he may fall. We thought about large pvc piping to create something similar to the hampster habitrails but would be afraid he would get stuck inside. Any tips or input on what we think we might do with the pants leg? Thanks so much for any help you can provide! Adoption is soon as this he's a last minute gift to us and we are rushing a bit to be prepared and make him a happy comfy home.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts