Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,
So Purl is quilling, and she is also albino. She is extremely grumpy, and when I'm around her (yesterday I just sat in her room holding her not doing anything exciting) she chuffles and pops a lot. I can see a lot of exposed skin and looking past the grumpyness, I'm pretty sure she is very uncomfortable. Is there anything that I can mist onto her to help ease some of the discomfort? What is safe to use? I'm okay mixing up something on my own to make sure it will be okay with her, I just don't want to use the wrong thing nor do I want to cause her any additional discomfort. Any home remedies or store bought suggestions would be appreciated.

I also wanted to add that she is eating, drinking, and pooping normally. It really is just the quilling that has her so grumpy.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Awwww poor little Purl. What I did when both of my babies had their quilling period was to bathe them in Aveeno Baby Wash with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal. Oatmeal helps soothe their skin :) A drop of coconut oil, flaxseed oil or vitamin E oil in their after bath rinse also does the trick :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I gave her a bath last night using the Aveno wash only. She wasn't a big fan of the bath, but she isn't a big fan of anything right now. :( Anyways, I think she seemed a bit calmer afterwards. I did a full cleaning of her cage and everything yesterday as well (I do daily spot cleaning). With new fresh bedding and all that. She seemed a bit calmer afterwards, but I can tell she is very uncomfortable. I lightly brushed her quills with a toothbrush to get off any yuckies which she tolerated a bit. But she has a lot of exposed skin, and I can tell this whole thing is so uncomfortable for her. Thank you for your suggestion, I'll give her another bath a few days from now and add in the coconut oil as well as the vitamin E. I don't want to overdo it with baths or do them too often. Thank you again, and hopefully some of this will help ease the discomfort she is having.

Awwww poor little Purl. What I did when both of my babies had their quilling period was to bathe them in Aveeno Baby Wash with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal. Oatmeal helps soothe their skin :) A drop of coconut oil, flaxseed oil or vitamin E oil in their after bath rinse also does the trick :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
My Remy is going through her quilling right now - she is so grouchy but will usually warm up after about 10 mins. She is a big snuggler so when she is calm, she is ready to snuggle BUT dont you dare move or she puffs up! LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts