Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

Sorry if this topic is being repeated, my little Turbo is 7 weeks old and last night i went to get him out of his snuggle sack for a cuddle and he was extremely grumpy, i had my hand by him so he could get my scent first before i picked him up (i've had him less than a week) and he kept nudging my hand out the way with his nose quite violently for a little hedgehog as if to say 'get lost' and he was huffing alot. I got him out and he was fine.

Then this morning i got him out and there were about 10 quills stuck inside his snuggle sack, that i had to pick off. This is the first time there has been any in there.

Does this mean he's quilling? If so should i just be very careful with him when picking him up because he is going to be sensitive and a little grumpier?

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
His reaction to your hand being in his cage is quite normal. They can be very territorial about their cage and be huffy and quilling as you pick them up. Once out of the cage they are fine.

Yes, he is probably quilling so expect some attitute.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never knew that about them being territorial. i dont think hes territorial over his cage, more his snuggle sack. Interesting.

Thank you Nancy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts