Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I haven't been here in a very long time so I hope this is the right place to post this.
My hedgehog Peach has been losing quite a bit of quills for the past 4 weeks. I've been collecting them and I've just counted 101 quills. She's 3 and a half years old and has had no change in mood or behaviour, she's her normal self as far as I can tell. She does get dry skin on her back from time to time so I fix this by giving her an oatmeal bath (I bathe her once a month) or I'll put a few drops of flax seed oil on her back. She's not bald anywhere but you can definitely tell some quills are missing in a few places. She hasn't been scratching btw

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello, I haven't been here in a very long time so I hope this is the right place to post this.
My hedgehog Peach has been losing quite a bit of quills for the past 4 weeks. I've been collecting them and I've just counted 101 quills. She's 3 and a half years old and has had no change in mood or behaviour, she's her normal self as far as I can tell. She does get dry skin on her back from time to time so I fix this by giving her an oatmeal bath (I bathe her once a month) or I'll put a few drops of flax seed oil on her back. She's not bald anywhere but you can definitely tell some quills are missing in a few places. She hasn't been scratching btw
Have you ruled out mites?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've thought about it but she's not scratching at all and doesn't seem bothered. I'm going to see if it's maybe the detergent my dad used to wash her stuff is bothering her
That’s a good idea . Try to use a scent free detergent . Good luck❤🦔

1 - 4 of 4 Posts