Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two questions about heating. I have a 100W CHE bulb for my 2squarex2square C&C cage, with a closed lamp (not wire). I noticed once I got home that the bulb says to use with wire only.

Will using the closed lamp with the bulb overheat or destroy either thing? I've seen loads of pictures without a lamp.

Also what thermostat do you use and how do you place the sensor correctly in a cage with a fleece liner? I wouldn't want Nina Rose getting to it somehow and getting hurt!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Hmm, not sure about the CHE because I'm not sure what a closed lamp is. And what do you mean by not wire? Can you post a link to the lamp you're talking about?

Most heat lamps will say whether or not they're equipped to handle a CHE. If it isn't, the socket will melt and cause problems.

Also, I use the zilla thermostat, it works really well. Most people place their lamps near their hedgie's sleeping area or near the center of the cage, then place the sensor far away from that. Personally, I placed the sensor slightly above the fleece, and taped it to the wall so my girl couldn't really reach it. She tried to bite it once, but other than that she hasn't bothered it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts