Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need links to the best hedgie cages on amazon (US) as quickly as possible! 😞 I had every intention on making Wilbur a rubbermaid tote cage BUT apparently there’s a plastic shortage right now and so large clear totes are almost IMPOSSIBLE to find! I bought a 12 inch wheel with 14 inch clearance and I cannot find a tall cage.

I would just forgo the lid and clip a CHE on except I also have 3 very nosy, very sassy cats 🤦🏼‍♀️

Help a gal out? My local petsmart had NOTHING!

·
Registered
352 Posts
For now, just put him in a small room or a big container that you have, but keep him separate from the cats (in a different room) without the lid on. You can get corrugated plastic sheets at a local home depot or lowe's (or any hardware store) and use that to make the bottom tray of his cage, and then get some put-it-together-yourself grid-like shelves from Amazon to make the sides https://www.amazon.com/AHOME-Booksh...&keywords=grid+shelving&qid=1619658831&sr=8-3 like that, but you can probably find a better deal. This is what I use for my hedgehog's cage and it is working great. Took me about an afternoon to assemble. Sort of like this picture. You can easily get a window screen or something to put on top so that you cats cannot get in.
Hope this helps!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts