Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i've read around here that the best way is to scoop them slowly. I do that usually, and Maiche seems rather comfortable wit it. However, there are situations when I can't do that (very small hiding place, rather dangerous surroundings, etc) and I'm forced to grab a couple of quills and pull her up. I imagine it hurts her, so I was wondering if there is another way to get them out. Im asking this because, I don't know how, she ended up hiding in my unplugged printer. I dont want her end up all covered in ink, but I can hardly reach her. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kalandra said:
A mealworm to entice her out... or several :)
Tried that. She's ignoring them. The only thing I could think off is pulling her by the quills, but I really dont want to do that

·
Registered
412 Posts
haha wow that's a new one.

If you're able to, you might want to try to tip the printer slowly(over something very very very soft and squishy that she cannot fall off of!). Perhaps she'll slide out? Or get scared enough that she'll want to get out of there. Just be very very very gentle, especially since she's already injured. It's a little difficult to offer suggestions with out knowing what kind of printer and how she's positioned, etc. etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sebian said:
haha wow that's a new one.

If you're able to, you might want to try to tip the printer slowly(over something very very very soft and squishy that she cannot fall off of!). Perhaps she'll slide out? Or get scared enough that she'll want to get out of there. Just be very very very gentle, especially since she's already injured. It's a little difficult to offer suggestions with out knowing what kind of printer and how she's positioned, etc. etc.
Thanks for the tips, but I already got her out. I read that they didnt like the smell of alcohol, so I smeared a napkin with it and lef it near the printer, she woke up and left in a hurry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts