Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, for the past two days, our Ivan has been vomiting what looks to be his kibble (which hasn't changed in over a month). It's not green or bloody, just a light brown. He's been drinking his water and eating just fine.

Both pumpkin and yogurt give him terrible runs, so is there something else we can try to settle his stomach?

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Is the kibble chewed up and looks like it's been in his stomach? Where is he when he pukes?
By any chance, could he be getting it caught in his mouth or throat and pukes to get it out? A few of ours have done that when they started having difficulty eating kibble.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's definitely very well chewed up and very goopy, so I can only assume it's been in his stomach. One time it was in front of his wheel and the other time it was in front of his igloo. The amount he vomits isn't as much as he eats.

That being said, his teeth are a little screwed up...

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Try adding a little bit of water to the kibble so it softens or break it into smaller pieces and see if he still vomits.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have had a few that if I pick them up and hold on their backs, they will puke. Sometimes it is after I put them back in the cage.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It wasn't because of holding him on this back, although, I'll keep that in mind for the future.

We soggied up his kibble a bit and he wouldn't touch it at all (I don't blame him). He didn't vomit, but now his poop is green. This morning, my husband gave him a few mealies which he ate and didn't vomit. He also ground up a little more food for him, but didn't wet it, so hopefully that does something.

I'm going to call the vet today and make an appointment for tomorrow (hopefully). My hubby has a 4 day weekend and my sister is in town for two of those days, of course :lol:

Should I try giving him more yogurt? Even though he poops a LOT when he eats it, it's never green...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts