Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone and in advance thank you for any and all help that people provide. Our little girl Malla went to the vets a couple weeks ago and since we were concerned with mites the vet gave us revolution to give her when we were done another more pressing medicine. So I have a couple questions in regard to this that I figured I would direct to everyone in the hopes that someone might know. First of all I have been keeping it in the fridge. Is this the correct method to keeping it fresh? Secondly I believe it is recommended to place the dose in between shoulder blade area. Correct? If Vit E oil is used during this time will it interfere with the effectiveness of the treatment? How do I prep her cage for this? She is on liners and she sleeps under/ in a hedgie bag/ hat. I am worried that if we remove it that she won't sleep well during the day. Any recommendations? Also she tends to take any paper towel in her cage (suppost to be for litter!) in to sleep with. My second area of this is how to handle her when she is out of her cage? We have been told to administer the revolution twice. Once then 3 weeks later. So how long do We keep her cage in quarantine mode? Please help. We want them gone for good! Thanks again.

Mallasfamily

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Maybe try sending Nancy a PM or someone else that has posted about dealing with mites. I've never had to treat for mites so I don't know how to answer you but someone who has would probably be happy to answer your questions but maybe just didn't see the post yet.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
I've never had confirmed mites but a few times, I've wondered about a batch of shavings the moms were on so I have treated and I treat rescues if they are scratching.

You can put it either behind the ear or between the shoulder blades. I personally do it between the shoulder blades simply because I feel if there is any skin irritation from it, they can easily scratch behind their ears and make it worse but they can scratch between the shoulder blades.

Dosage is .01ml per 400g's of weight repeat in 3 weeks. Some vets seem to be recommending to repeat in 2 weeks.

Wash and dryer dry all her bedding and wash her cage well with vinegar and water. Anything wooden should be thrown out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts