Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just picked up a cup of 25 superworms from my local pet store. I have read previously that superworms are more aggressive than mealworms and can bite a hedgehog even after it has swallowed it. Being the paranoid hedgehog mom I am, I cut the head off of the superworm but Milo saw no interest in the dead body. I really want to try giving him a live one but I’m still not sure. I read somewhere you can give it to them butt first because by the time the hedgehog gets to the head the superworm won’t bite? Any advice as to how to go about this?:confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well I’ve noticed that hedgehogs appear to inhale the insect (only way I can describe it), then chew on it. My lizards, if eating a Superworms from the ground, will bite it pretty much in the middle and start chewing towards the head to kill it. I personally think you should feed the worm so that they can bite it where they want, to then eat it. They seem to basically know how to go about eating them. Just make sure you feed the worms before you feed it to the Hedgies so it is not only nutritious, but so the worm isn’t hungry and wanting to bite more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.