Hedgehog Central banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Happy news everyone, there is a new blog post in which Her Highness is not tied to a mast, Her Highness does not battle an ogre named Humbaba, there are many chickens, and things may or may not reach the Ultimate Finale of Completion, depending.

http://princesspricklepants.com/2015/10/31/princess-pricklepants-and-the-perils-of-pirate-plunder-the-ultimate-finale-of-completion/

And here are a few previews of things to be seen:

vacation photos! (sorry)

A mysterious island.

Dreams of battles with trolls.

Tedious journeys.

Also there are many words.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I ask myself what kind of person writes this blog; then I ask myself what kind of person reads it...............uh oh.......I do! You must have a holiday issue! Princess frolicking with Santa. What is the Barbie doll from Princess's room doing in Santa's sack!! Put the monkey on the roof for pick-up on December 24th. Finally, I need to know what is in Princess's teapot........is it really tea? Hot chocolate? Whiskey? Or possibly the witch's brew????? Oh, and one more thing.............it is quality and not quantity!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I ask myself what kind of person writes this blog;
It's totally normal to write little stories on a blog about your pet hedgehog living a life as a politeness expert, entrepreneur, acupuncturist, space traveler, pirate adventurer, victim of monkey impoliteness, etc. going on little adventures with toy cows/bears/monkeys/alligators isn't it? Isn't it?!

then I ask myself what kind of person reads it...............
The real question is what kind of person *wouldn't* read such things...

You must have a holiday issue! Princess frolicking with Santa
Yes, we definitely need to pull out the Christmas sets again.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/somebachs/11343433035/in/album-72157637982149774/

https://flic.kr/p/11488025393
it is quality and not quantity!!!!!!!!!!!
As it turns out yesterday the blog got on the front page of Hacker News and got around 9,000 hits. :shock: It was the PP Startup Founder Extraordinaire one, so the tech. nerds liked it.

I'd made many of the links in the stories to things like hedgehogfarmercentral.com, or hedgehehogentrepeneurcentral.com go to hedgehogcentral.com/forum so there were a bunch of clickthroughs to the forum...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well, it's happened again. There is another post - Princess Pricklepants' Somewhat Distracted Guide to Manners, Monkeys, Etc.

There is a new blog post in which geography is taught but not learned, tea party etiquette is discussed, notes are almost left on refrigerators, dealing with the monkey business is delayed, and there are many cute pictures.

http://princesspricklepants.com/201...what-distracted-guide-to-manners-monkeys-etc/

·
Registered
16 Posts
I will agree on this making my week! How and the heck have you created something so cool like this!? I wish I could give you a well deserved hug!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Thanks! There may be some post-Thanksgiving delays since we're traveling... Her Highness politely bit her sitter while we were away. :???:

Amanda, we use a Nikon D5100, mostly with the kit lens, sometimes with the cheap Nikon 35mm f/1.8. The trick to decent photos is mostly to get a lot of light on things. We use a fill flash on top of a lot of lumens, so there are some harsh shadows.

We mostly get things set up, play with her for a bit and get her relaxed, drop her into the set, then wait for her to relax and shoot quickly before she perks up too much and goes burrowing under every prop.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Amazing news - we managed to post another episode (or perhaps more, depending), in which Princess sends in a request for advice from a prominent manners columnist, meetings are avoided, monkey manners mending is apparently managed, bears bitterly blog, and tea is served. Also there are cute pictures.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts