Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may know, I have been expecting my female to be pregnant.
The last couple of days she started acting really weird and not in a good way... - when she was sleeping and I touched her, she wouldn't respond for a minute or so..
- she was being very lethargic.

So I called the vet and explained all this in detail. She told me to have her checked and that felt like the best thing to do.
They examined her and then decided on an ultrasound. The most important thing is that we saw little heartbeats!!!
The vet said that mom and babies look healthy.. I'm keeping a close eye on here and giving her all the rest she needs.

**I uploaded two of the big photos as well, this link will take you to the Instagram photo**
http://instagr.am/p/BJit-TigYwd/
If you want to see more ultrasound and family photos, follow Teddy & Teun on Instagram and/or send us a DM.

I received a lot of comments about me taking her because it would stress her way too much, etc.
I know my hedgie and she knows me. I know I'll make the right choices for her and her babies... and she knows that too.
<3

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I'm staying in touch with them still about how she's doing, we're giving it 10 more days. She might need a c-section. I've read about it online and fingers crossed it won't be necessary.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
So the vet is letting her go to 65 days? Average gestational period is 35 days.
I'd personally make sure the vets are very aware of that fact. And fully aware of any after hours procedures and he that works.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the vet is letting her go to 65 days? Average gestational period is 35 days.
I'd personally make sure the vets are very aware of that fact. And fully aware of any after hours procedures and he that works.
Yes they are aware, but like I said, mommy and babies look healthy, heartbeats are there. They told me that they have seen live babies at 70 days... It's something that shocked me too.. But I trust their expertise. I'll update you when there's news: fingers crossed for good and happy baby news.
X

1 - 7 of 7 Posts