Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, as a hedgehog lover(also as an owner of two hedgehogs) I am keep working on making a healthy,fresh insect-based hedgehog food. However even though my manufacturer is very experienced with dog food and have good preference for dogs, my test sample for hedgehogs doesn't seem to be working.

My hedgehogs just smell them and don't eat.. But they LOVE mealworms!

I have no idea why they don't even try my insect_based kibbles while they want mealworms that much. Shld I still go back to using chicken based material?

Will be really appreciated if anyone can share your experience with feeding insect_based food. Thanks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The idea is nice, but I think that hedgehogs naturally prefer live insects. Some will accept dried or frozen insects, but the reason why we feed them live is that it`s the most natural and healthy :) Nevertheless, it`s great you`re developing a new type of kibble for hedgehogs, since the market offer is really lacking! But I`d suggest you to talk with breeders and do TONS of research so you can become more familiar with their needs. It doesn`t only need to be tasty and natural, but balanced and healthy too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts