Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents are planning to repaint the upstairs bathroom (with oil-based paint) sometime in the next month or so. The bathroom is about three feet from my room, but I always have my door closed unless I'm going in/out of the room. Would it still be a good idea to move Lily's cage down to the office, so the fumes won't hurt her? Or would it be better to move her out of the house entirely and have her stay at my grandparents' house while we doing the painting and for a day or two afterwards? I know the fumes would be bad for her, but I'm not sure how extreme of precautions are necessary to keep my baby safe. :?

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Based on the habits of hedgies, I will defer to Nancy. But as always, I commend you on the total concern you have for little Lily's welfare.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Living with oil based paint odor during the closed up heating season is not healthy for pets or humans. Does the bathroom have a window that it can be easily aired out while the painting is going on? She would probably be fine in the office as long as the bathroom can be aired out, otherwise it will smell up the whole house.

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, no window as it's in the middle of the house. >.< I think I'll see if we can move her to my grandparents' house for the duration of the painting then. I don't want to take any chances with her, and they only live a few minutes away so it'd be easy to go and take care of her there.
And thank you Shetland, for your comment. :) She's definitely my baby, lol.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Yep, with no window in the bathroom, I'd move her to your grandparents. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts