Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's strange. I was told by an employee at petco that it was non clumping and should be great. I've seen no issues with it clumping either. I haven't seen it sticking to him even when he has poopy feet from his wheel.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Pesonally I have never used it but it does say this on the link you posted;
Save Time and Money
Reduces cage cleaning by 30% or more. Clumping litter can be easily cleaned with a sifting scoop.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What is the best litter to use for your hedgie? I've tried to find threads on it, but it seems I can't. :?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LarryT said:
Pesonally I have never used it but it does say this on the link you posted;
Save Time and Money
Reduces cage cleaning by 30% or more. Clumping litter can be easily cleaned with a sifting scoop.
Yeah I noticed that but the one I actually bought doesn't. I'm wondering if there is more than one type.

·
Registered
275 Posts
woahamie said:
What is the best litter to use for your hedgie? I've tried to find threads on it, but it seems I can't. :?
I'm using Yesterday's News by Purina for litter. It's dust free,non clumping, non scented, and you can compost it if you really want to.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I just use the lid of a small tin tray for my litter box.

I think, the general rule of thumb for what kind of litter... Is that as long as it's not small enough to be sucked up into private places(whether it be clumping or non, small tiny pieces of litter will still stick to private parts when wet), then you're ok.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Immortalia said:
I just use the lid of a small tin tray for my litter box.

I think, the general rule of thumb for what kind of litter... Is that as long as it's not small enough to be sucked up into private places(whether it be clumping or non, small tiny pieces of litter will still stick to private parts when wet), then you're ok.
That's good to know. The potty litter I use is actually small tiny balls bigger than any cat litter.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Ya, I've seen the ones you're using. Personally, I wouldn't use them, mostly because he is a boy, and those balls could end up in skin folds inside his private parts.

Unless they made those balls even bigger now, as I had only gotten them for my mice that I rescued from the bf's snake :roll: I just couldn't let him do it :lol: And that was a few years ago.

I also forgot the say "non-clumping" in my bit up above.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts