Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my little man had to have surgery today, it’s been roughly 7 ish hours since his operation.. my vet said I can hold him so I’ve been really gentle and snuggled with him for a bit, I’m not sure if the anaesthetic is still just wearing off but he seemed very tired and then suddenly would get a burst of energy and walk around then lay down and let me stroke him again. Is this normal? It’s the first operation my boy has ever had. I have a phone call with the vets in the morning anyway but I just wondered if anyone has had this before..
He started trying to climb around a lot so I put him in his bed to get some sleep.
Any comments would he appreciated🦔❤

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Hard to say, the times my hogs have had surgery, I left them alone that first day. But honestly that doesn't sound too surprising behavior. Just keep an eye on him and his incision. He'll be fine before long.

·
Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
578 Posts
I would not let him run around or move around especially only 7 hours after the surgery. IF you handle him, be EXTREMELY gentle and careful

1 - 4 of 4 Posts