Hedgehog Central banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Holly is 3 years old. Super cuddly and loving.
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Last night wasn't as bad, but we still had a bit of a fight. I will be doing it again tonight, as I have it so I may as well give it another shot.

Shes pretty good with her fruit veg actually, I made her an applecake with some applesauce I made - all totally hedgehog safe, and she loved that!
So I will I definetly keep that in mind if we still struggle with the broth!

I'm not sure if its all the taste of the meds or if she is unkeen on the syringe as well.
So once I have tried everything to try make it taste better, I think I will be inclined to say she isnt liking the syringe either.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Okay so tonight, (about half an hour ago) I had to have another fight fir her meds with the broth.

As I have pate wet meat, thats my next thing I will try tomorrow, and if that still fails or the ones I use for my dog clog up the syringe.
I will be buying things to make the applesauce to see how that goes.

If all these things still fail, then I have no idea what else I can try to not have to fight her to take the meds!

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I have had great progress with Holly taking the meds! Though It takes 2 of us since she doesnt like the syringe! But its no longer a fight which is brilliant!

Though the amount if water she is drinking is mad! 160ml in the last 24 hours!

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Oh okay, she started to drink more water when I first found the lump and then the vet said the meds should help a bit, but it seems to have increased from a bowl 90ml, to a bowl and a bit 160ml.
So its great to know its probably just all a side effect of the cancer and Meds.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts